Don't let your heating bills get the best of you this winter! Cut your heating costs significantly following some of these money saving tips:
- Check your doors and windows for cold drafts. Use caulk, weatherstrips, draft blockers, or plastic to stop the leaks
- Open the blinds on the south side of your house on sunny days. The heat of the sun will help keep your house warm. Just don't forget to close them when the sun goes down.
- Lower the temperature on your hot water heater.
- Wash your clothing in cold water whenever possible.
- Cut your shower time in half and save!
Consider a programmable thermostat, and lower the temp when you are away or snuggled in bed at night.
- Spend a lot of time in one room? Turn the heat down, and use a space heater in that room.
- Keep your furnace is tip top shape.
- Minimize the use of exhaust fans. They will suck the heat right out of your house.
- Close the vents in rooms you never use. No reason to heat a spare bedroom that is just used for storage. Buy magnetic covers to place over the vents, as well. This will prevent air from leaking out, and send it to the rooms you are using. Remember to close the door. ;)
Freebies & Fun
Pantene Pro-V Restoratives sample
Free Ultra Swim shampoo sample
Free Tums sample and money saving coupons
Free Meeting Solutions sample kit from Post-It
Free Aquaphor sample
Free dog treat sample from Purina
Free Dove pro'age skin care samples
Free Folger's Gourmet Coffee sample
Free bag of Purina dog or cat food
Free SunMaid recipe booklet