Here are a few random frugal tips to help you save a little money throughout the year:
- Save your paper bags from the grocery and use them to wrap parcel packages and cover your children's school books.
- Borrow videos from your local library. The library is a great source of entertainment on a cold winter day, they often have activities for children, and some quiet for mom. Best of all, it's always free.
- Wrap celery, green onions, and lettuce in aluminum foil. They will stay fresher in your refrigerator a lot longer.
- Shop yard sales! One man's junk is another man's treasure.
- Cut your Brillo pads in half. They will still work as well, last longer, and sharpen your scissors all at the same time!
- Check with your pediatrician to see if they have any free samples, or giveaways. Major manufacturers often give doctor's free products in exchange for their endorsement.
- Kids play hard, every hole in a pair of jeans doesn't mean they are ready for the trash can, though. Try an iron on patch, or cut the legs off the jeans and make them a cool pair of shorts for the summer.
Deal of the Day
Superman Inflatable Suit $4.99 at Amazon.com
Fun & Freebies
Free sample of Degree Deodorant
Free Capella Coffee Flavor Drops
Host a Lazlo House Party get a free DVD
Jergens Moisturizer samples
12 issues of Games for Windows magazine
Free Post-It Flag sample
Free subscription to Dog's Life magazine