Flu season is upon us. Prepare yourself, and your family, now and hopefully you can minimize your risks this year.
Here are some tips to help you get ready for flu season:
- Wash your hands frequently! You must wash with warm soapy water for a minimum of 10 seconds to effectively kill germs. If you have school aged children, impress upon them the importance of good hygiene, and have them wash their hands as soon as they arrive home from school
- Disinfect your house regularly. Spray the surfaces of your home with a mild bleach solution of 2-5% to kill most viruses and germs.
- If you are high risk for the flu, get vaccinated.
- Eat a well balanced diet to keep your immune system in top form. It can make a difference.
- Get plenty of rest. A lack of sleep can lower one's immune system making it harder to fight off illnesses.
- Stock up on all the regular cold and flu remedies. Nothing worse than getting ill and having to run out to the store because you have no Nyquil.
- If someone in your household gets the flu, see your doctor and ask about Tamilflu or Relenza. Use of these meds by uninfected people in your house can help prevent them from coming down with the illness. You must begin taking them upon exposure for best results.
Here's to a happy and healthy winter for everyone!
Freebies & Fun
Free Tide Simple Pleasures coupon from Vocal Point. Good only at Target
Pfizer printable coupons
$2.00 off Pedigree Super Chew
Free entertaining DVD from Sargento with purchase and $1.95 S&H
Free Vote Democratic bumper sticker
Free Ceasar Dog Food sample
Free tea sample from New England Tea
Free Lysol Healthy Habits Activity Booklet
Coupon for a free 10 pack of CD-Rs from Office Depot
Assorted Target Coupons