With a rare October snowstorm in the Northern US today, it reminds me that nature really is unpredictable. Can we be better prepared for nature's wrath? Sure. Winter is right around the corner, we should all be as prepared as we can be for the first storms of the season.
- Keep extra bottled water on hand
- Have flashlights, candles, and a battery operated radio on hand
- Be sure to have plenty of batteries for the radio and the flashlights. ;)
- Keep rock salt and deicer on hand
- Keep foods in your house that can be eaten without electricity
- Check your snow shovels, and/or be sure your snow blower is in good working order
- If you live in an area that is plagued by winter storms, consider a space heater that runs on a fuel source other than electricity.
- Before the winter hits hard, access any dangerous trees on your property, and if they pose a threat to your house, consider removing limbs, or the entire tree if deemed necessary
- Have crafts and games available to entertain the family while the power is out, this can be a real lifesaver. lol
If you are 100% ready, with no worries or concerns, a snow day is a great excuse to drop the daily "routine" and enjoy the time you have with your family.
Freebies & Fun
Free Pledge Wipes
Free fresh mozzarella recipe booklet from Sorrento
Free Remifemin sample
Free Home Depot Workshops
Free subscription to LogHome Living (FreeBizMag)
Free We Kids stickers
Free Dove Cool Moisture sample
Free Purina Naturals Cat Food sample
Free Mesothelioma Information Kit
Free St Ives Mineral Therapy sample
Free Space Camp DVD
Free Exposed DVD from Kodak