Are you traveling this holiday season? Let's face it, unless you have a 4 door sled, and 8 flying reindeer, holiday travel is tough! We'd like to share a few tips with you to help de-stress your holiday travel plans, ensuring happy holidays for all.
- Pack Smartly Don't wait until the last minute to pack. Take mix and match outfits, and plan your needs long before you open that suitcase. Remember, the less you take, the easier that suitcase is to cart around.
- Get Some Rest! Don't burn the candle at both ends, like so many of us do, leading up to the holidays. This is bound to leave you tired and crabby, making you a less than perfect travel companion. Be sure to get plenty of sleep leading up to your traveling days. Everyone will thank you. ;)
- Book A Room While this may not be the most frugal way to travel, sometimes it is the sanest. Even if friends and/or family have offered to put you up, think long and hard before you accept. Sometimes it's nice to have a place that allows you to escape the hectic holiday atmosphere. A little peace and quiet can be worth its weight in gold.
- What Am I Forgetting? Don't forget your prescription medications and your medical insurance cards- you never know when you might find yourself in a difficult situation. Take your emergency numbers with you, and let your neighbors know you will be out of town. Don't forget to charge your cell phone, and be sure you have a charger that will work in your vehicle, just in case.
- Timing Is Everything Watch you departure and arrival times, to be sure that they do not correspond with rush hour either at home, or at your destination. The last thing anyone wants to be doing before the holidays is sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.
- Stop Often If you are taking a long car trip, be sure to stop every couple of hours to stretch your legs and back.
- I Can't Travel Anymore Can't travel? Host the holidays at your house and bring your family to you. Have the meal catered, or head out to a favorite restaurant. It's not what or where you eat, but the family traditions we create through the years that matter. If you can't manage the old traditions, start new ones!
Freebies & Fun
Aveeno Sweepstakes- Giveaway and Free Sample
Free Post-It Sortable Cards Sample
Free Barrell of Plochman's Mustard for a Photo
Free Crystal Light Sample
Free Olay Definity Sample
Free Quit Smoking Brochure from Pfizer